I was getting the covers on the bed straightened out while IN the bed in the middle of the night and when I flung some fabric to one side, my left pinky ring flew off and went into the great abyss. I couldn't do much searching with the snoring log beside me and the plethora of covers (piles of blankets and such to keep my feet warm) meant it could have buried itself anywhere. Oh well, this is the second pinky ring I have lost with a flick of a wrist. I replaced the right one I lost back in the summer but now I have to wait until the local ren faire before I can find a replacement for this one. These are narrow bands of sterling silver, so I usually cannot find anything like it in a regular jewelry store - they would not sell anything that simple or inexpensive. First, losing the swelling from the carpel tunnel syndrome then losing weight has caused me to lose rings. And now all the rings I purchased when my carpel tunnel was keeping my fingers swollen all the time no longer fit. I have to keep a very tight ring on my ring finger to keep my diamonds from falling off and they do fall off without the guard, even when my hands are warm now.
My pinkie still has a dent surrounding it after over twenty-four hours and I know the jewelry gremlins are having a party.
My neck still hurts after a week. rat thinks it may be a mild case of meningitis, which just has to work itself through my system. I do get a mild headache everyday but that's about it on the list of symptoms so I am ignoring it for the most part. I cannot tell if my exhaustion is from what might potentially be illness or if all this weakness is just my thyroid adjustment. My joints in my right arm were killing me on Saturday and I finally did the stinky BenGay thing and felt a little better for it. rat did get some twinges in his neck Friday and Saturday but I think those are from him sleeping in weird positions. Personally, I think this is the reason why my neck hurts - I just do not move when I go to sleep now - the thyroid adjustment just knocks me out until I am forced to wake up. I am one of those people who gets up in the middle of the night to pee - it ain't happenin' now.
Okay, snow monsters - where is OUR snow? Send some our way now! Sure, the cool weather is nice for a change, but we need some snow, damnit! We need some days of deep freeze to kill the bugs, too!
I need to update my website... Every week has turned into once a month....
The Olympics have been enjoyable for the most part. Too bad about Michelle Kwan.
We haven't gotten a chance to watch Friday's SciFi or Saturday's anime yet. I suspect we will not get to it until after the Olympics, which is fine.
Thanks: --> to Lia, my sensei, who has inspired me to draw again. I
wouldn't be doing this without your support, Domo Arigato!
--> to Talon, for sending me her fabulous fics, inspiring me with her writing to draw my first
illustration for a story and actually liking what I drew.
--> to Dasia, for her words of encouragement when drawing her original chara.
--> to Joules, a wonderful epic fic writer, for liking my art enough to want to post them with Talon's
and her own stories.
--> to Lutra, the other half of the epic team, for being so supportive.
--> to Jacque' & Becca Raddittzu, we met on eBay as bidder and sellers and now we are face-to-face
friends. You showed us the real DBZ with your fansubs. It's all your fault the house is full of
doujinshi! *LOL*